Fathers Locke and Stiller Research Awards
About the Research Wing:
The Research Wing of St. Xavier’s College was instituted on 24 April 2017 with the guidance and inspiration of Fr. Dr. Vincent Braganza, S.J. (GUJ), the Director of Loyola Center of Research and Development, Ahmedabad, India who provided the college with a road-map in this frontier work within his one week stay at St. Xavier’s. Dr. Braganza returned on 13 September 2017 to give the fledgling program stronger wings.
Why the name Fathers Locke and Stiller Research Awards:
SXC has named its Research Program as Fathers Locke and Stiller Research Awards to honour the memories of Father John K. Locke, SJ (1933-2009) and Father Ludwig F. Stiller (1928-2009) two greatest scholars of Nepal’s history, culture and religion. ...Read More
We live in an interconnected and fast changing world where knowledge is currency; and it is research that generates knowledge. ...Know More
The Member Secretary, Research Representatives and Research Guides:
To monitor the research timeline of the various faculties, one among the Research Representatives are chosen as the Member Secretary.
Every Faculty is represented by a teacher named, Research Representative, chosen from the Research Guides selected in that particular Faculty.
The Research Guides are selected through a complimentary process within the members of a particular faculty. Every teacher in the department is asked to present a concept paper at an appointed meeting. The proposals, then, are scrutinized by the faculty members. Finally, the faculty members come to a consensus regarding which proposals must be pursued for a particular year.
Below are the faculty members selected for research for the academic year 2017-18
The Research Students:
The research students are selected through a competitive process.
- An objective on-computer test on the research papers announced in advance is administered. The test will last for 50 minutes. The Xerox of the research papers can be brought to the exam. Every interested students from undergraduate and postgraduate studies can compete in this test.
- 5 of the best performers from every faculty, then, are invited to an interview. They must come with a one page research proposal related to their area of interest. This should be a computer print-out of not more than 25 lines.
- A committee will interview the students and grade the proposals and other pertinent aspects of the candidates.
- 3 students are selected from each faculty and they are conferred with Fathers Locke and Stiller Research Awards in a function organized by each faculty.
Below are the students selected for Fathers Locke and Stiller Research Awards for the academic year 2017-18.
The Research Program:
Every student conferred with the Research Award is committed to produce a mini-thesis. The process could last from 9 to 12 months and undergoes 10 progressive stages ...Know More
Code of Conduct and Duties and Responsibilities of the Awardees:
- Students chosen for the Frs. Locke and Stiller Research Awards are expected to be exemplary from the point of view of discipline and academics. ...Read More
Why a student must take up research:
- The student has an opportunity to co-author a researched mini-thesis while he/she is pursuing the undergraduate/postgraduate studies. ...Know More
The topics selected for the academic year 2017-18